Aryeh Gregor wrote:
>> As I discussed with a few others at Wikimania, it'd be nice to take
>> this one step further and allow multiple people to sign off on a
>> revision, possibly with various types of sign-off, like:
>> * I read the diff and it looks good
>> * I tested this and seems to work
>> * I reviewed the niche part of this rev that I'm an expert on
>> * I am Tim Starling and I approve this message^Hrevision
>> * ...
>
> I think this is a good idea.  For simplicity, I'd keep it to one
> level, at least at first.  The understanding should be that you should
> mark it reviewed if you're confident it's correct, and if obvious
> errors crop up later, it means people will informally give less weight
> to your review.  Whether you tested it or just reviewed the diff
> should be up to you -- whatever you think it needs.

It's not the same. You can have different standards. I see revisions
that are "apparently good", but marking as ok is "This revision is
right" in my book, which in many cases would need actually testing it,
checking spec, and so that I (lazily) don't do. So it keeps as new
instead of as "lightly reviewed".