> Sadly it was difficult to
> distinguish whether this was simply a dislike of the new fonts or
> something deeper related to a bug.

Since, you're changing something primarily for aesthetic purposes (I think
anyways, all the accounts of why we even would want to change the font are
very hand wavey and I'm honestly unsure what the principle motivations
actually are), why isn't dislike of the new font a valid criticism? After
all, the reason you are changing it in the first place is that you
presumably did not like the old font.

> 5) Insert your idea here

Browsing through the feedback on this thing, there seems to an enormus
amount of hate in our userbase for it. Lots of that is of the form of "its
ugly" which some might argue is not constructive, but I personally think is
something that should be taken into consideration when there are so many
people making the complaint, and the change is mostly about aesthetics.
Others have more concrete criticisms about eye strain and non latin text
not working as good, etc.

Anyways to sum it up, this change is:
*Fixing something that most users think is not a problem [citation needed,
but that is my impression]
*Causing behavior that significant numbers of users do not like (e.g.
IDONTLIKEIT, its ugly, etc). A subset of users are experiancing behaviour
that is objectively bad
*In order to make it work acceptably, has to do something that a portion of
our community finds ideaologically questionable, if not outright
unacceptable. (Remember folks, we are a project built on ideaology.
Ideaology is important)

Given the above, it seems like a temporary revert until solutions to the
problems can be found, or a permenant revert if solutions can't be found,
may be advisible.

--bawolff