You currently can use dynamic "graph-as-you-type" in mediawiki.org for
Graph testing:
* navigate to any Graph namespace graph, e.g.
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Graph:Sample
* Go to edit source
* Click Preview
Now any change you make to the definition is dynamically reflected in the
graph.  Please do save. I would love for this to eventually be done in the
VE.

Eugene, this is an excellent idea, but graphs are no different from other
templates. I think this should be solved for all templates, to allow
template sharing between projects.