> On 3 Sep 2015, at 01:02, Jérémie Roquet <jroq...@arkanosis.net> wrote:

>> [..] our code. As expected, we've encountered a number of bugs that
>> disappear when the debug=true URL parameter is specified.
>
> [..]
>
> As for bugs, I fully agree with you. It's an argument against
> minification, but also an argument in favor of dropping JSMin+ for
> another more used and actively maintained minifier, such as UglifyJS.

Quick notes:

1. We've had little to no bugs caused by minification. If you encounter a bug
that doesn't occur in debug mode, it is most certainly caused by the loading
procedure, caching layers, or a race condition. Never minification.

2. In fact, debug mode has been known to cause bugs due to how it loads code
differently than production mode.

3. We use neither JSMin nor JSMin+ for minification. They are too slow and
cause bugs. We use JavaScriptMinifier.

-- Krinkle

[1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/JavaScriptMinifier
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/JavaScriptMinifier>