On the general subject of codes of conduct and what they bring (or
don't bring) in terms of user safety and a sense of inclusion, I
recently encountered
http://www.catehuston.com/blog/2015/09/02/code-of-conducts-and-worthless-manfeelings/
on Twitter - it's an interesting read and brings up a couple of points
definitely worth thinking about, namely that the intent behind a CoC
is not to be the be-all and end-all of user safety but instead to set
a very minimum bound of what is acceptable.

--
Oliver Keyes
Count Logula