> But these changes are too small to notice and even smaller to dislike.

Amir, I believe you've been a wikimedian for too long to really
believe that. No change is to small to be disliked by one or more
people!

>> It seems to me that Wikimedians should be given
>> plenty of notice that color changes like these are proposed, and should be
>> given ample opportunity to comment on them before they are rolled out, but
>> this is the first that I recall hearing of these changes. I would go so far
>> as to say that there should be an RfC before making changes like this to
>> community wikis.

Totally agree. It's not a question of how small/large such a change
is, it's a question of collaboration and mutual respect. Which was
lacking, yet again :(

Some communities will miss these changes completely just because they
had already overridden the old values in Common.css, most likely for
historical reasons. A heads-up would have allowed them to decide on
whether to go with the upstream changes or stick with the current
layout.

I call again on the staff and volunteers that work on the frontend to
be announce changes well ahead of time and as widely as possible.

Strainu