Hi there,

Quim and his team have indeed thought through the totality of tech community
events and I am sure he can respond here with his thoughts. Regarding the
MediaWiki roadmap, the thinking is that by publishing it we a/make planning for
3rd party users much more feasible, b/inform the community about what the
Foundation will be doing so that we can avoid overlap,  and c/hopefully
incentivize broader participation by the community in the formulation and
delivery of the roadmap.

I hope this makes sense.

Victoria