Setting up RESTBase is very involved. I'd really prefer not to add that
complexity at this time. Also I'm not sure at my scale RESTBase would
provide much performance benefit (though I don't know much about it so
that's just a hunch). The parsoid and VE configs have fields for proxy (as
shown in my snippets), so it seems like running them this way is intended.
Am I wrong?

Thanks,
James