Hi,

> In short, using Parsoid directly for visual editing is an unsupported
> configuration, and is likely to stop working altogether in the foreseeable
> future.

> for current work in progress). The early prototype already sets up
> MediaWiki, VisualEditor, RESTBase, Parsoid, Math, as well as other services
> like EventBus. The current work is primarily aimed at development and
> testing, but we expect it to also offer a quick way to spin up a complete &
> fully-featured containerized MediaWiki system for small installs.

This sounds like a lot of sublayers that can potentially disrupt a
simple editing process and I wonder from the many non-WMF MediaWiki
installations and administrators, who will be able and capable to
debug those once an issue arise.

MediaWiki-core itself isn't a walk in a park and now and then you find
a bug that is addressed post six month, left alone for a year, or
worse never see a response. Now, I can imagine that those added layers
don't necessarily make this process easier and the current response
times on phabricator make me skeptic about the outlined requirements
and hereby the added complexity.

Cheers