Hi James,

I don't know if you have noticed the following in C. Scott's response

> At any rate: in your configurations you have URL and HTTPProxy set to the
> exact same string.  This is almost certainly not right.  I believe if you
> just omit the proxy lines entirely from the configuration you'll find
> things work as you expect.
>  --scott

but I could not help but notice the error too. AFAIK setting these
variables instruct both software to use http://192.168.56.63:8001/ as
a forward proxy which is NOT what you have there. HAproxy is a reverse
proxy software, not a forward proxy (although you can abuse it to
achieve that functionality). In the setup you describe there is no
need for forward proxies so neither parsoid nor mediawiki need a proxy
configuration.

I also don't think you need RESTBase as long as you are willing to
wait for parsoid to finish parsing and returning the result. It should
be fine for small articles, but as these grow larger, you will start
having various performance related problems (for example you might
have to adjust haproxy timeouts). But from what I gather, you are not
there yet.