Am 23.12.2017 um 00:03 schrieb C. Scott Ananian:
> I think a simple revert would be simplest.  Adding a feature flag adds new
> possibilities of overlooked bugs, especially since this is "just" a
> refactoring and so *in theory* shouldn't be changing anything.
>
> Maybe we could just cherry-pick a revert onto the Jan 2 branch, rather than
> revert on master and then un-revert after the branch.

A revert is certainly an option, I tried to keep this as isolated as possible.
Reverting just on the branch would allow us to keep testing on beta without
disruption, and without having to go back and forth con core code, causing merge
conflicts.

But there is another option to consider: Only deploy to testwiki (and friends)
on Jan 2, and not to production wikis. This would give us a week to look at this
in a production-like environment, on top of the time on beta, before it really
goes live.

-- daniel