From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Wright, Don
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 11:10 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Very high number of wireless devices returning from
break

All,
     It seems an alarmingly high number of wireless devices have returned to
our campus this week.  After at least of year of steadily increasing numbers,
we are now seeing a roughly 40% increase since last December.  At first I
didn't believe what I was seeing and opened a case with the vendor to confirm
reporting was accurate.  Tied into this, we upgraded by a major version earlier
this month and I thought this could be related.  Apparently not the case,
everything we've looked at tells us that the numbers are accurate.  I'm still
looking a stats, but haven't been able to come up with anything yet.
    Is anyone else seeing this magnitude of increase in devices over winter
break ?

Don Wright
Brown University