I disagree slightly with the conclusion below. I suggest we need to focus on
how these devices translate into DHCP leases... which unfortunately does
translate into concurrent use. A student may not be gazing into their
smartphone while writing that big paper on their notebook... but they did just
obtain leases for both. They may also have a third device watching hulu in the
background.

Randy