One of the scenarios I've been looking at is streaming/mirroring directly
to the video projector and bypass buying another device. I'm not sure if
people are asking to connect the appleTV to a projector or TV. Most
projectors these days come with wired/wireless NICs built into them and you
may be able to leverage that in some way.

Take NEC for example (thats what we have) they have an image capture
utility that can be installed on a PC or MAC and it completely mirrors the
desktop of the device. So you could wire/wireless connect the projector and
have your laptop on wifi and mirror your desktop. The NEC projectors
support the latest enterprise authentication and encryption which is good
as most of the other 3rd party steaming boxes only support personal
authentication.  This doesn't fix the whole ipad/tablet world but there are
some apps out there like mobishow that could prove useful in getting these
devices connected in a classroom environment.

AppleTV only solves 1/2 the users concerns in my world and I know for a
fact that if someone with another brand of tablet sees appletv, they'll
want another solution.

>From what I've heard, most people want desktop mirroring to a tv/projector
not just streaming.

This is just some thoughts/notes from some preliminary testing.

Regards,

Craig Eyre
Network Analyst
IT Services Department
Mount Royal University
4825 Mount Royal Gate SW
Calgary AB T2P 3T5

P. 403.440.5199
E. ce...@mtroyal.ca

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of
strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will."  Vincent
T. Lombardi