>So isn’t the MiFi device essentially jamming your network and interrupting
valid communications if it overlaps a nearby channel?

No. It's not your network, in the sense that the wired infrastructure you
built is. The wireless network uses a free to use, public, unlicensed RF
spectrum. Yes you built the wireless infrastructure (APs and controllers),
but the medium is fundamentally different.

I've been working up a car analogy: if you were a urban university with
buildings spread throughout a city, you couldn't deauth non-university
vehicles from using the (publicly owned) roads (to ensure university owned
vehicles could get to their destinations unimpeded).

--
Tony Skalski
Systems Administrator