Any chance the APs are trying to draw more power than your switches are
configured to provide?

From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Ronald Loneker
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2015 11:38 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Aruba Instant IAP-215 Wireless Access Points

Good Morning -

(forgive cross-postings - a member of the NETMAN list suggested this might
be the place to post this question)

We just had close to 90 new Aruba Instant IAP-215 wireless access points
installed in our residence halls to upgrade our wireless network.  Another
building is soon to be underway, and I'm managing this project.

Over the last couple of weeks, it seems like random access points are
shutting down wireless access.  They are not all connected to the same Cisco
switch (various Cisco POE switches in two residence halls).  The access
point is not ping-able, the MAC address is not found in the virtual
controller's table, the switch port is up and power is being supplied to the
access point.  The only way we seem to get an access point back up is to do
a shut/no shut on the switch port to which it is connected.

The vendor who configured the access points hasn't been able to determine
why this is happening and before we initiate an Aruba support call, I was
wondering if anyone had any similar experiences like this and what you
determined was the cause of the issue.  We are running into walls here.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or ideas.

Ron Loneker, Jr.
Director of Media Services
College of Saint Elizabeth
Mahoney Library