From a cost perspective, if I can provide a consistent high throughput to each
classroom; I can remove port and cabling requirements which actually help lower
my overall cost to provide connectivity to them.

Good discussion and no simple answer or cookie cutter solution seems to be
available.

From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Samuel Clements
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2016 9:26 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Beacon Intervals

Sure, but there is a great writeup on that exact topic that does a good job in
my stead:
http://www.wlanpros.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Why-One-AP-Per-Classroom-Approach-is-Wrong-.v3.pdf<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.wlanpros.com_wp-2Dcontent_uploads_2014_04_Why-2DOne-2DAP-2DPer-2DClassroom-2DApproach-2Dis-2DWrong-2D.v3.pdf&d=CwMFaQ&c=6vgNTiRn9_pqCD9hKx9JgXN1VapJQ8JVoF8oWH1AgfQ&r=rYfqH_8oTvcXxRxUI3x3m3Y7Nwgir7tnuoGbdZsrUM4&m=ncBtrtKYxauw_dR51VE698DYNU514ximcFqdJN_kPUg&s=VqXKIljFA578kWnmynVg8hlmnDK5pJA22Y5z74kNUk4&e=>

In short, that may be a design you end up with, but assuming it's correct to
begin with is a premise that should not be used. Proper WiFi design (including
disabling radios or converting them to 5GHz radios if you have hardware that
can do that) is of paramount importance in any environment that believes their
network is of any measurable importance. Remember that disabling lower data
rates & changing beacon intervals can *mitigate* poor design - but there is
always a trade off (client compatibility being chiefest). I don't necessarily
disagree that in some environments, one AP per classroom is what you would net,
but I've seen far too many environments where they over bought and a 1.5
classroom per AP (or some other measure) would have supported the load just
fine. I hate to see people waste money when it could have gone to some other
area of technology to further the end goal - education.
  -Sam

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 9:18 AM, Jeffrey D. Sessler