But, when you say to advise them, "when you need access to trusted
resources when off campus, please use the VPN" - that's the same advice we
give them. There's no difference in that advice just because their home
network is eduroam.

We emphasize the difference just as you did - "when you are not at UAH, use
VPN." The difference in network names doesn't really come up, in my
experience.

--
Hunter Fuller
Network Engineer