One major point to consider is vendor support. We are not a Ruckus Wireless
customer but we just moved away from one of their prodicts to a different third
We just moved away from Cloudpath (we tried Wizard & ES) due to poor support
experiences and lack of timely updates for new OS challenges.
For us support is almost as large a challenge as product performance. I
personally would settle for a little less than ideal performance if there is a
good support structure backing it up.
Senior Network Engineer
Network Operations - Wireless
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
From: Wesley Troy Scott [mailto:tsc...@uwyo.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 5:01 PM
I'm curious about how you are using Ruckus Wireless products on campus.
1. What's the size of your deployment (waps, controllers, users, etc)
2. Are you completely Ruckus or do you have a mix of WLAN vendors
3. Did you transition to Ruckus from another vendor or was it a greenfield
4. How does the cost compare to other vendors
5. Any concerns about specific use cases
6. Anything folks should know when talking about Ruckus
Thanks to anyone that can throw some light on Ruckus and is willing to share
their experience with me. I'll take responses off list too if that's better for
********** Participation and subscription information for this EDUCAUSE
Constituent Group discussion list can be found at
Participation and subscription information for this EDUCAUSE Constituent Group
discussion list can be found at http://www.educause.edu/discuss.