From: Barros, Jacob [mailto:jkbar...@grace.edu]
Sent: Thursday, March 1, 2018 9:33 AM
Subject: Re: Ruckus?

We are relatively new Ruckus customers, currently split with Meru/Fortinet.
When Fortinet started releasing firmware for the Meru APs, we started seeing
major connectivity issues.  We are doing one building at a time and don't
appear to be having any major conflicts.  Currently around 120 Ruckus APs are
deployed on a single virtual controller.   If our budget comes through we'll
get all of the Fortinet ap's out by summer 19.

I demo'd Cloudpath and it didn't work the way we expected cross-platform.
Ruckus pricing was comparable Meraki (up front, not considering the 5 year
model), and slightly less than Aerohive.  We didn't really consider Aruba or
Cisco.  I am still in disbelief that  Aruba doesn't have a virtual controller
option.  We didn't consider Cisco as, maybe it's my imagination, but I feel
like every week there's a post on this list about issues with LWAPP or some bug
in code versions.

Jake

Jacob Barros

Associate Director of IT, Network and Operations

Email: jkbar...@grace.edu<mailto:jkbar...@grace.edu>

Phone: 574.372.5100 ext. 6178

[https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/UL13vM331_cldE--6pe0tmF8xi10XejwQWh_iIo3_WnKqa3GNTj7qfC8zMm-AathAnMQoUG1LNv5GzD35OyxQ_x_V2RG30D4r5ucKFdYJkE1-Z-d98UW1NPWapbWxgOAi68e0c7q]

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 8:54 AM, Harry Rauch