From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Fishel Erps
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 10:56 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Bandwidth/Throughput/Latency Tester

Hello everyone.

I’m curious to find out what other universities are doing to test throughput,
internally, to proof their networks.  I’m looking for something that functions
like Ookla’s Speedtest.net<http://Speedtest.net> (browser-based, no required
clients) , but that runs internally (I have already contacted them directly,
and been told that they only provide products that are alive on the public net).

As we all know, % of utilization and available throughput are not
one-in-the-same, and I need a way to address and diagnose legitimate
performance complaints, live.

Fishel Erps,
Sr. Network & Infrastructure Engineer
School of Visual Arts

136 W 21st St., 8th Floor<x-apple-data-detectors://0/1>

New York, NY, 10011<x-apple-data-detectors://0/1>

LL: 212-592-2416<tel:212-592-2416>
F:  646-845-6150<tel:646-845-6150>
E:  fe...@sva.edu<mailto:fe...@sva.edu>