Tom,

        You say that "connection tracking" is on. I advised you to turn this
of (i.e untick all the boxes in the connection tracking sub menu). To give
an example, we have a 28km link with WRAP's/CM9's/5.8GHz at each end. Signal
sits at around -71 (qual 24) and we hard set the rate on both end to 36.
With connection tracking completely turned of we get around 20mbps using the
StarOS built-in speed test.

        Have just received some of the 2 port WAR boards with the slower CPU
and have spent the past day testing them. So far I am able to get about the
same throughput as a WRAP when setting the channel bandwidth to 5Mhz
(cloaking x4) and double that when set to 10Mhz (cloaking x2). Haven't
really tested them at normal 20Mhz or 40Mhz (turbo) as we have no intention
of using them at 20 or 40Mhz. I am in the process of setting up a test
environment with Mikrotik routers at each end of a StarVX link so I can run
the various types of bandwidth tests available in RouterOS. The link has
been set with the same signal levels as our 28km link so as to emulate it as
much as we can without having to set-up another 28km link and so far I have
seen 40mbps udp tests from Mikrotik to Mikrotik with 10Mhz bandwidth which
is pretty amazing. I think we could see even more but the 2 Mikrotik boxes
are running with CPU at 100% :( Once we've built some new test boxes I'll
post my results.

Cheers,

P.