rcomroe wrote:

> Under no circumstances should
> any
> manufacturer CHANGE THE DEFINITION OF A PREVIOUSLY DEFINED OID.

and yet...

Trango's MIBs for the 5800 and 5830 are wildly different. Never mind that
they're substantially the same hardware (from the point of view of "how
you use them in your network," at least). And don't even get me started on
the fact that they don't use the same Enterprise MIBs that pretty much
everyone else on the planet uses for 'interface.InOctets' and so on.

Since you can only download MIBs for the current software versions, you'll
have to take me at my word that they've changed them in the past (for the
5800 AP, between firmware versions 1.4 and 1.64 they were different).

I could be mis-remembering this, or confusing things (say, a tower where
we replaced a 5800 with a 5830 or vice-versa), and if I'm wrong I'll cop
to it. But I truly believe, with religious fervor and zeal, that Trango
has changed their MIBs with different point releases of the firmware.

Sorry, I didn't mean for this to turn into a Trango rant.

David Smith
MVN.net