John Thomas wrote:

But because you  "cold-called" other WISPS, I won't do business with you.

You only get one chance to make a first impression, and for most WISPs, that means one SPAM and you are out.

Today, many, many companies use email marketing with opt-out instead of opt-in or "shared" email lists from partner companies. You don't like the unsolicited, but well targeted, email campaign. And apparently, you don't want to be cold-called. So that eliminates two of the most popular ways for sales teams to reach you. How would you suggest they market to you?

More important: How does your sales team market?

I started as a telecom agent in 2000. I now rep for 20+ carriers plus do business and marketing consulting. (Oh, and I help out with an ISP association, www.ii4a.org). Most telecom agents have left the ISPs alone for a few reasons. One is that is easier and more profitable to sell directly to the end-user. To YOUR customer.

I'm curious how you would want to be contacted, because without email or cold-call, that leaves direct mail and advertising. (Advertising only works as a branding exercise).

I'm trying to get vendors for an ISP Expo in 2 weeks. Many vendors do not feel it is even worth $199 to advertise. Some feel that ISPs are not a good market. (I'm talking about VOIP alarm companies, VOIP CPE vendors, hardware vendors).

There is a disconnect between your vendors and ISPs. I'm just wondering how to bridge that gap. (Especially since I have to sell 20 more tickets to the Expo and get 4 more vendors :)

I welcome all input.

Thanks,

Peter Radizeski
RAD-INFO, Inc.