I like the idea, but not the material. I ran into the same type of issue at my house. I have a 50' Pi-Rod Solid rod free standing tower, but needed to be at about 65'. I took 2 10' 1" ID sections of galvanized water pipe, screwed them together and had them arc welded. It was a heavy beast to get up the tower and mounted, but it got the job done. I hate to see mast pipe sway in the wind and did not have room to guy wire it. Bigger is always better in all the things I build!

Tom

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Reed" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 11:13
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Utility pole mount

I like that. Is 2 ft enough space to hold the other 18 ft? I would have expected 3ft or more, but the more pipe in the air the better.

Scott Reed
Owner
NewWays
Wireless Networking
www.nwwnet.net

The season is Christmas, not X-mas, not the holiday, but Christmas, because
Christ was born to provide salvation to all who will believe!

---------- Original Message ----------- From: Blair Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>