From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Brian Rohrbacher
Sent: Saturday, February 04, 2006 2:01 PM
To: wireless@wispa.org
Subject: [WISPA] OT amps and volts

I'm a little confused here.  I'm working on a 300 ft run of cat5 and
have a question.  The radio is acting sparatic.  The power supply has
already been upped from a 18v to a 24v.  Both 1 amp.  Will it hurt to
put a 24v 2 amp power supply in?  If I "over do" on amps or volts, what
blows a radio.  One or both?  I seem to remember being told that a radio
only takes what amps it needs, so putting a higher amp power supply in
won't hurt, but if you put too many volts in, that will fry them.
Please clarify me on this.

--
Brian Rohrbacher
Reliable Internet, LLC