I think this clause of the Communications Act might be used for unlicensed
spectrum violations.

"If the violator is neither a broadcast station licensee or permittee, cable
television operator, or applicant for any broadcast or cable television
operator license, permit, certificate or other instrument of authorization
issued by the FCC, or a common carrier, the amount of the forfeiture penalty
can not exceed $10,000.00 for each violation or for each day of any
continuing violation, except that the amount assessed for any continuing
violation can not exceed a total of $75,000.00 for any single act or failure
to act constituting a violation."

Or is it?

"Certain sections of Part 1 of Title II contain specific penal provisions
for violations. For example, Section 219 of the Act requires annual reports
from communications carriers and their parent corporations, if any to file
annual reports with the FCC. The failure of a carrier to file an annual
report is subject to a fine of $1,200.00 for each and every day the carrier
fails to file the report. The $1,200.00 fine under Section 219 is separate
and distinct and not in addition to those prescribed under Sections 501 and
502 of the Act. Similarly, Sections 214, 220 and 223 have separate and
distinct forfeiture provisions, which are not cumulative to the forfeiture
provisions under Sections 501, 502 and 503 of the Act."

Either way, not to many WISPs could afford these penalties not to mention
attorneys fees, time and travel.

Rick Harnish
President
OnlyInternet Broadband & Wireless, Inc.