It is Grand Standing, but the Federal Gov't has said they we have a
Broadband policy - and we have all met that beast.

Affordable broadband is an economic necessity for communities.
(Lots of studies published in Broadband Properties mag to back that up).
When you are competing for every dollar, every job, globally, people in
the US are at a disadvantage.

Again, it is more about BB Penetration than deployment. And BB
Penetration has 2 keys: a price point for people to get it and a
compelling REASON.
http://radinfo.blogspot.com/2006/03/bb-penetration-not-deployment.html

NYC is talking about adding a 3rd pipe. An alternative. Without real competition, you do not get innovation nor price reductions.

Regards,

Peter
RAD-INFO, Inc. - NSP Strategist
We Help ISPs Connect & Communicate