From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Matt Larsen - Lists
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 3:21 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] VoIP/PBX Gateway appliance

<RANT>
I've got working VOIP on my network, beta-tested and ready to roll out but
without e911.  I like VOIP, because I have people subscribing to our service
just so they can get Vonage and ditch their land line - but this whole e911
thing is a fscking nightmare.

At what point does it make more sense to say screw the 911 and just go
forward?  Aren't there a bunch of VOIP providers out there doing this
already?  The cellcos have bought out their 911 requirements year after
year.   I sense a court case in the making that will either force 911
adoption or throw it out for voip carriers.  It is definitely a gray area
right now.

</RANT>

Matt Larsen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]