PAtrick,
Agreed, 3650 was proof that the FCC sees the points at hand. I thought they took great risk and great support to make the 3650 rules as they did. The fear is that if nobody takes advantage of the space, they are not likely to go out on a limb again. Someone has got to make some contention based 3650 gear, and use that spectrum!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Patrick Leary" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'WISPA General List'" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 5:31 PM
Subject: RE: [WISPA] UL WiMAX update

"A secondary flaw is that you read into the "spirit" of the rules that
"efficiency" is a desireable trait of systems that operate in the
license-exempt bands. It isn't - NOTHING in the FCC rules describes or
encourages efficiency. It's simply not there."

...exactly my point, it is not there. But that does not mean that it should
not be, nor does it mean that the FCC is not interested in efficient use.

Steve, I simply refuse to accept that the current rules are sacrosanct,
there are not, and the proposed rules for 3650MHz bolter my case. In
3650MHz, the FCC made strong and specific reference that they well might not
accept products that they believed were designed not to, play nice, so to
speak. The FCC clearly understands many of the flaws of Part 15 and they
looked upon 3650MHz as a clean slate.

Patrick Leary
AVP Marketing
Alvarion, Inc.