Paul Hendry wrote:
Hi Chuck,

Never had to purchase a spectrum analyzer before but as we are now getting
to the stage where one would come in handy I'm just beginning to look into
what's available. I've noticed the HP 8569A specs say it only goes up to
1.5GHz? How do you use this with 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz? Is it the norm to get
some form of converter?
If I remember correctly from my SA repair and sales days, only the extremely old HP 8569A's went to 1.5Ghz. You can get external mixers to go up 40Ghz, but hardly relevant to WISP's. After a certain revision(which you can hardly find the older ones) included an internal mixer to go to about 1.5Ghz.
Jeremy