Cliff,

Your willingness to help the WISP community by evaluating two of these units will (I'm sure) be appreciated. :)

Reviewer's Note: "LCD screen easy to break".

We'll "stay tuned" for your report on how the unit actually works. Some key features that I look for in a spectrum analyzer are:

1. Sensitivity - should go down far enough below the threshold of your equipment to determine if noise is lurking within 10 dB or 15 dB below the threshold.

2. Ability to save results as an easily-viewed file. For example, it's nice to save sample data as a jpg.

3. Peak-hold feature is an absolute requirement.

4. External antenna jack needed for (hopefully obvious) use with a directional antenna.

5. Lightweight is nice.

6. An internal attenuator is nice. Overload a spectrum analyzer and you blow it out (Ouch - Another opportunity for permanent storage in the German Customs Department).

7. A built-in battery is nice.

8. It should be WiMAX-ready, mesh-capable, and MIMO-enabled, with dual-polarity, tree-penetrating power.

9. The ability to watch television on it while driving cross-country at 100 MPH is an absolute necessity. So is a turn-by-turn voice-navigation feature. And, oh yeah, it should also download music, have a built-in high-resolution digital camera, and a multiband, multimode cellphone. Without all of these feature, what good is it really???

10. Last but not least - easy-to-use intuitive operation, backlit keypad, long battery life, ergonomic shape to fit both small and large hands, stylish customizable faceplates, ....

Tracks lost kids and dogs...

jack

Cliff Leboeuf wrote:

Jack,
I tried...but the unit was broken by my tech on the first trip in the field.
:)

However, I am willing to purchase another if needed and especially if it
will help meet the buying discount threshold :)

- Cliff