From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Jack Unger
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 6:56 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] 3650 equipment

Jeffrey,

I have to question the "judgement ability" (or the lack of it) of anyone
who abuses the FCC rules to the extent of taking a licensed
"experimental" system and using it for a commercial, revenue-generating
purpose. Someone who would do this is (IMHO):

1. Someone with no business sense
2. Someone with no appreciation of (or experience with) the enforcement
powers of the FCC
3. Someone who will likely turn out to be their own worst enemy
4. NOT someone who I could rely upon to provide me reliable, long-term
WISP service.
               jack

jeffrey thomas wrote:

> Patrick,
>
> It doesnt change the fact that many have launched "limited" deployments
> as a "test" but still charged for the access service, banking on the
> fact that the FCC has set the band aside for unlicensed anyways, and
> that the chance of the FCC cracking down on them is very low.
>
> Im not saying this is right, but reality is such that they will be
> evenutally amending the rules and the gear according to my sources that
> is available today will be compliant. *shrug*
>
> -
>
> Jeff
>
> On Tue, 23 May 2006 12:37:11 -0700, "Patrick Leary"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>
>>Exactly, it clearly shows that an operator today CANNOT launch any
>>commercial services using 3650MHz.
>>
>>- Patrick

Serving the License-Free Wireless Industry Since 1993
Our next WISP Workshop is June 21-22 in Atlanta, GA.