To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 11:00 AM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Tranzeo WDS capacity, Mikrotik - problems

That's fine if you have enough potential customers to saturate your ap's at the 11 meg speed. Out here we'll take anything we can get. If it slows down to 1 meg for a customer that's still much better than his dialup was.

We have VERY few customers that get less than 1 meg of actual speed. Even in high interference zones that have 40ish users per ap. Got some folks in an area that are below the main omni beam that only get 600ish, but that same system will deliver 3+ megs further out or up a bit higher. Go figure.

As cheap as ap's are getting we just keep sectorizing out to smaller and smaller customer groups. That's helping a lot of things.
Marlon
64.146.146.12 (net meeting)
www.odessaoffice.com/wireless
www.odessaoffice.com/marlon/cam