To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 5:06 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Ma Bell's About Face On Muni-WiFi

Tom DeReggi wrote:

My arguement is that the biggest prospective client for use of a mobile network is the governement. If you give service to them free or without financial contribution from them, its just plain stupid in my mind.

But what about cellular?

Aren't they posed best to take advantage of mobile customers because they are all theirs anyways? Sprint just announced they will be doing mobile wimax. Verizon already has a decent nation wide high speed mobile internet access product that a lot of law enforcement are all ready using in the plice cars.

And just this morning we heard about 4g cellular delivering 100megs to the police car at 37 miles per hour.

How does muni fit into the future that will be dominated by cellular?

George