I fully believe these payload rates are achievable in little or no noise
environments.  I think it's important to add a disclaimer stating these
rates are theoretically obtainable under ideal conditions.  In comparison a
product that has mechanisms to avoid noise or block noise will perform
better.

Our VL setup running v4.0 is only able to achieve 2-3Mbps uploads TCP HDX
and 8-10Mbps downloads TCP HDX.  Running TCP FDX tests is pretty ugly, so I
won't even bother posting.

This is a real world deployment under real world noisy conditions not a
"glossy ad best case" claim by a manufacturer interested in pushing boxes
off the shelves.  <grin>

Patrick, any chance Alvarion will reconsider a software switchable Dual
Polarity AU and SU?  Any chance Alvarion will consider offering both 5.3GHz
and 5.8GHz bands in one product?

I believe Alvarion is on to something with the VL v4.0 series product, but
they are lacking some very basic functionality as I have noted above.  If
Alvarion were to add the two above features to the VL line I believe the VL
product could be an industry leader in PtMP throughput and flexibility.

Best,

Brad