To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 24, 2006 4:42 PM
Subject: RE: [WISPA] vendor specs

There are arguments against dual band support, as we have discussed
before, though you ridicule our sincere reasoning and call it BS (which
is why I am cautious about discussing these things with you in public).

As I said to you, our R&D folks tell me that RF components that span a
broad frequency range have poorer performance than those designed for
more narrow frequency ranges. I don't have a Ph.D in EE or other science
disciplines, so I'm not going to argue with them. And as I have further
explained, that poorer edge performance may or may not be worth giving
up to get the benefit of dual band. That part is an economic question,
not a technical one.

At this point, our company has made the decision that the loss in
performance is not worth the benefits. And yes, our R&D DO tend to be RF
purists (another thing you ridicule). That reality has its good and bad
points.

Patrick Leary
AVP WISP Markets
Alvarion, Inc.