Travis Johnson wrote:

That's not legal (at least not in Idaho). Someone on salary still can only work 40 hours per week unless they are a "manager", meaning they have 3 people "under" them, or they are a "professional" position (lawyer, doctor, etc.).

My business card says "Network Administrator," which probably qualifies me as a professional. Realistically, though, it's rarely a problem; we only have big weekend outages once every couple of months. Besides, it gets me out of the house. :D

Obviously, this is one of those things that will vary from state to state, and is probably best taken up with your friendly neighbourhood lawyer.

David Smith
MVN.net