Personally I couldn't be happier. They work as expected and stated. They have relatively straight forward GUI interfaces, you can move the center of the channel to any 1 Mhz. division, it works on 5.3, you can get a straight indoor only unit or an outdoor unit with integral antenna or N connectors, they have 2 year warranty. OOB replacement guarantee, the inegral antenna has electronic polarity control, it can syc all units on a msite so you can use one channel, the gps option is very reasonable and you don't need a central controller or cabling between radios. User defined latency and channel bandwidth as well as free upgrade to 5.4 when it becomes available. The advertised throughput on a 200 Mhz radio is 100 Mb true throughput in each direction port to port. The radio throughput is based on a 64 Mhz channel. Now lets address the Motorola Orthogon for a minute. It has no GPS syncing. It has no integral fiber interface. The fiber "kit" is an option that allows for cable runs in excess of POE lengths but you still need external power. I can put a media converter and external power on a Exalt radio also. As far as the bandwidth is concerned the Orthogon still uses 60 MHz to give full bandwidth. It just uses 30 on vertical and 30 on horizontal. On a positive note for Exalt the C/I is much better on the Exalt radio which ultimately guarantees better distance in noisy environments. The pricin on the Connectronics site is MSRP. You can get it quite a bit lower... -B-

John Scrivner writes:
Bob,
Tell us about your experiences with these. Work as advertised? Approximate cost per pair?
Thanks,
Scriv

Bob Moldashel wrote:
Just looking for experiences.... Personally I think they rock but just looking to see if anyone else has any pros/cons.... www.exaltcom.com 100 Mb FD 2.4 Ghz. radio. Hmmmm..... I bet Marlon would love to have one of these for a neighbor! :-) -B-