To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 9:32 AM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] building out

Smart idea to name the SSID: Your ISP is the Best, but wouldn't Your ISP + Phone # be better? :)

George Rogato wrote:

Pac wireless has been getting my advertizing budget this past year. Them and lonnie.

This is a part of my coverage area. not all our essid's have our name in them. It took a while before I realized I was making a mistake not having our name as part of the essid.

http://www.oregonfast.net/gofast/stumbler/

I found the best way to advertize was to put my name as close to the peoples as possible. It's working really well. I keep getting calls from people who can see us and connect but can't go anyplace.

"Ahh, so you want to use our service eh? "