On Tue, 26 Dec 2006, Marlon K. Schafer (509) 982-2181 wrote:

I know that they (and Butch) claimed it was

No...I think you are confusing me with someone else. :-) I have told MANY people that proxy service on MT is riddled with problems, not the least of which is speed. One of the first things you had me help you with was removing the proxy server on the MT.

Having said that, it is possible to build a squid proxy (outside the MT) that can actually make things faster. But, as you said, perception will be that it is slower (sometimes), so the reality isn't relevant.

--
Butch Evans
573-276-2879