Actually, Walmart has made most of its money by providing the CONSUMER with
what the CONSUMER wants.

A truck driver has his responsibilities. If he is told he should unload his pallets - and that is not his job, the issue is with his employer, whoever agreed with walmart to have the driver unload the pallets. Many companies will mandate that the pallets
be unloaded, it depends on the company.

The pickles... The famous pickles. Got to love it. You tie the pickles with the bankruptcy, when every industry analyst, all the business mags, Vlasic themselves, all agree, Walmart or the pickle deal was not a critical factor in their bankruptcy.

State assistance?

What about the employees of the thousands of other companies in CA that
don't make enough so they end up qualifiying for benefits from the state?

Are they villians also?  I did not see you mention them.

Walmart fills only what the consumer wants.   That is how they make money,
by meeting those consumer needs/desires.  When a customer wants
an apple for ten cents, you don't fulfill those needs by offering an orange for
twenty cents!

Many of their vendors agree that although Walmart has been tough to deal
with, that has only IMPROVED their business model, in dealing with all
their customers!

As a shareholder of Walmart, and as a consumer of Walmart, I expect
no less.

----- Original Message ----- From: "John J. Thomas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>