Cool it everyone, including you John.  There is no reason that we can't
calmly discuss Illegal vs Legal in an appropriate and professional manner.

I personally feel that it is a sorry dilemma that our industry faces in
that, so many of the areas underserved by broadband are the same areas where
certified solutions are often cost prohibitive to make a sound business
plan.  Most rural low income households that need broadband solutions to
assist educational, economic development and financial gain efforts, often
can't afford to spend much for the high install and maintenance costs that
come with pure certified gear.

I admire WISP's entrepreneurial spirit in their quest to support the local
economic development of these rural communities when the BIG PLAYERS just
snub their nose at them.  The fact is, a greater service is being done for
the whole country by WISPs, whether certified or not, than will probably
ever be recognized or valuated.  There are very few operators that are in
this industry to get rich, most of us are here to help others sustain a
livable income while keeping the rural way of life and to strengthen the
communities we live in.

Until the FCC and the Federal Government step up with some backbone and
begin to assist smaller entrepreneurs with funding plans, USF type funding,
training grants, affordable and usable licensed spectrum and other valuable
instruments, I believe that many operators will choose affordable solutions
(which are often uncertified) over the more expensive certified solutions.
Unfortunately, these funding mechanisms are most often reserved for the
companies that bark the loudest, boast a nationwide footprint and contribute
to the campaigns of the politicians that make these decisions.  Does that
mean that the big companies will provide better service or any service for
that matter to the rural areas?  Absolutely not!  Instead, we get decisions
to create monopolies or duopolies which enable the strategy of crushing the
competition, who often have the best customer service and that have taken
the risks of bringing broadband to unprofitable areas.  This only enforces a
monopolistic society and further the separation between poverty and the
rich.

THE MODERATOR HAS SPOKEN!  DEBATE AWAY CALMLY!

Rick Harnish
President
OnlyInternet Broadband & Wireless, Inc.
260-827-2482