We are just reverse taping on the connectors, then mastic just past the connector and its rubber seal, then taping it up on the outside tighter on the N connector end to make sure it squeezes the mastic to the radio.... no problems yet...

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Scrivner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 9:29 AM
Subject: [WISPA] Moisture Ingress

I would like a bit of feedback from those of you who have been installing outdoor antennas for a while. I have a problem that I would like to see fixed. It seems that after every long rain we see problems with the occasional connection outside at the antenna getting water into it. We use the Scotch seal mastic tape to seal the connections. The guys do not like having to climb and they work hard to try to make sure we do not get these problems and yet they come back. I would like to hear what you veterans out there are doing to make sure the water stays out.
Thanks,
Scriv