All,

If you read the article it also says 22% of those people said they did not feel they could not afford the computer and everything associated with getting on the Internet so that number is a little misleading in my opinion. Plus 17% of those respondents not on the Internet said they did not know how to use it. If this was not the case then I bet they would subscribe for Internet services. So it sounds to me like if these people were educated in how to use the Internet and could afford it they might see the value.

Regards,
Dawn DiPietro

John Scrivner wrote:
Remember this the next time someone tells you how "the US is behind in broadband".
Scriv

George Rogato wrote:

MOUNTAIN VIEW, California (Reuters) - A little under one-third of U.S. households have no Internet access and do not plan to get it, with most of the holdouts seeing little use for it in their lives, according to a survey released on Friday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070326/od_nm/internet_holdouts_odd_dc;_ylt=Ajd_D_JeLhjUgI3IVOtLYJntiBIF