On 4/19/07, Smith, Rick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Nice to meet you, Chase.

Nice to meet you, too!

Very simple: I don't want someone else's company profiting from MY
network... i.e. If I'm going to build a mesh, no third party's going to
be doing the billing for it.

Right now, I'd use Mikrotik to build that mesh.  I can set it up paid or
unpaid, marketing supported via splash pages, or not.  BUT, all the $$$
would go into my pocket, I'd pay the town back...

How does Meraki fit in there ?  Can it act as a "dumb" repeater, per se
?

By "dumb" repeater, I'll assume you mean "connect as a client to a
WiFi AP and rebroadcast a SSID."  In that case, yes, it can.  Note
that the upstream node will only see one connection since the Mini
NATs downstream traffic by default.

Out-of-the-box, the Mini will attempt to connect to our backend
services.  You're free to block it from doing that at some cost to
your network's Minis.

It sounds like you have a large investment in Mikrotik equipment and
backend services, and that you also strongly prefer your management
software.  Have you tried a test deployment using Meraki?  I'm curious
if your preference is based on a review of our software, as well.