You would classically arrange a peering agreement. You hand each other
a equal amount of capacity (say 1mbit) and a BGP table. You each use
the link like another upstream provider, balancing routes vs capacity
vs (what ever else you want). Some peerages have a set cost per bit
transfered and the groups settle up monthly. The main problem I see is
one entity will be at a disadvantage then the other due to size. Say
isp A has 2 peers, the other has 4. That means isp B will "need" isp
A's links less then B needs A's. There is a very (in)famous case of
exactly that (AOL and Cogent). How do you value your peering abilities
vs those of someone else, with more or less peers and more or less
capacity.