To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2007 10:52 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] was School WiFi , about technical values.

Mark,

Certification verifies that the signals conducted into the power line
and the signals radiated into the air from a wireless system are clean
and that they do not exceed the power limits. Minimizing self
interference is primarily a function of good network design techniques.
This is outside the scope of FCC certification because, even with
certified equipment, it is easy for an uninformed person to deploy a
network that interferes with itself and with other networks.

To motivate manufacturers, let them know you want to buy only certified
systems from them.

jack

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jack Unger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>