From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Travis Johnson
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 10:02 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; WISPA General List
Subject: [WISPA] traffic logging

Hi,

I have a large customer that is looking for a device that will log all
of their internet traffic in and out of their network. However, unlike
Ethereal or anything like that, they need something that is _very_ easy
to use (web interface, with full logs so they can go back months at a
time). Ideally they want to be able to bring up a webpage and then
gradually drill down to find the info they are looking for (like
xx.xx.xx.xx went to ebay.com, etc.). They already have content filtering
and SPAM protection in place, they just need a traffic logging device.

On the technical side, it would be nice to have a box that would run in
promiscuous mode so we could just mirror a port on their switch rather
than having it run in-line. We are very technical, so if we need to
build a unix box for a free or low-cost application to run, that's no
problem. We just haven't been able to find anything that is easy to use
for the end user.

thanks,

Travis
Microserv