On Sun, 20 Apr 2008, Rogelio wrote:

>I've been doing networking stuff for a while, and I still have to
>pause and think for a second when it comes to IGMP, RSTP, etc.

Yup.  There are many times I have to look at the documentation.
I've been doing ISP networks since 1993.

>The more things change, the more they stay the same.  If you're
>familiar with the fundamentals, then it's all variations of the
>same themes.

This is true, however, it misses the point I was making.  When
engineering a network, one part of that task to to select equipment.
There is some gear that is more suited to specific types of tasks
than is other gear that can accomplish the same thing.  My point was
that the "networking" and "RF" parts of the engineering cannot be
separated because both parts will affect what gear is used.

*Butch Evans                    *Professional Network Consultation *
*Network Engineering            *MikroTik RouterOS                 *
*573-276-2879                   *ImageStream                       *
*http://www.butchevans.com/     *StarOS and MORE                   *
*Mikrotik Certified Consultant  *Wired or Wireless Networks        *